Monday, February 7, 2011

Keep working!

Dear family,

Well on February 5th I officially finished 18 months in the mission. That means I´m 3/4 of the way through?! It feels kinda crazy to think that I am on the final 6 month stretch now. I am just gonna try to keep my head down and keep working!

Things are going great with Carlos and Gloria. Carlos is gettiing baptized next Sunday and is just rocking at everything. We taught him and his mom about the Word of Wisdom. We watched The Restoration video, talked about obedience to God´s commandments and his prophets, and then we explained how our bodies are temples. Carlos accepted the Word of Wisdom without doubts and Gloria accepted it as well. She said that giving up her Tea is going to be a really challenge, but she was going to do her best. We are really proud of them and how much faith they really have.

Oh and I recieved the Valentine´s day package you sent and loved it! Really, the candy, the cookies, the card, and the amazing tie. Thank you so much for the package. It´s strange, because I am not usually a huge fan of pink ties, but the one you sent was just classy and stylish. It´s one of my favorite ties at the moment. And the cookies were used for a good cause, we made them for Carlos´ birthday!

One unfortunate thing that has been going down here in Pirque is that diarrhea has become a weekly routine.. It feels like at least once a week all of us Elders are spending too much time in the bathroom. Not very fun :S

Everything is going pretty well though. We are excited for the two baptisms we are going to have on Friday (Carlos and Maria Jesus) and I´ve just been excited because I am an old missionary now. Haha

Thank you for all you do. You are the best!

Con amor,
Elder Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment