Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rough week

Dear Loved Ones,
First things first: HAPPY FATHER´S DAY DAD?!!? Wow, I missed you on Sunday, especially when all the Young Women passed out cards to their dads and the primary gave them all bookmarks. It made me think of you. I also was reading the second talk in the General Conference Liahona about Priesthood Power and it made me so grateful to have a dad who honors and exercises his Priesthood. Thank you Dad for everything you´ve done for me and everything you´re doing now. Keep up the great work you cool guy you ;)

Love,
Elder Matt Mooney
Now unfortunately we have experienced many trials this week... Fights in the ward that have resulted in the releasing of the Young Men and Young Women presidents. Fights between couples that have prevented progression in the gospel. Laziness that prevented an entire family from going to church. Coldness that has developed into people sleeping in later and going to bed earlier. Winter has officially started and I officially have a cold. The list really does go on and on...

BUT we´ve got to be of good cheer so it´s all good. No worries. Today was a great day. We decided to go to the Mall close by because it has a bigger grocery store, they have office supplies, and they´ve got a food court. What we weren´t anticipating was the giant mob of thousands and thousands of people in the food court. Today Chile one another game in El Mundial de Fútbol, or the Soccer World Cup. It´s been going on for the last week or two. People are going nuts here. There are three games going on everyday and people are screaming throughout all of them. My companion has been suffering because Argentina has been playing well. The United States are in it as well, but nobody cares back home do they? I found it funny how it´s the biggest deal in the world here, but at home it´s nothing huge. But literally thousands of people were watching the game in the food court and when it ended everyone broke out in singing and dancing. All of the schools are showing the games here as well. It´s crazy.

When everyone left we entered and ate Taco Bell. It was really good. We then bought 2 weeks worth of groceries and carried them on the bus and the subway. Then we slept for an hour and a half. Good times.

This week I also got to know ELDER STOLLER and ELDER TILLEY. They´re both from Gilbert and we all have alot in common because of it. Elder Tilley knows almost everyone that I know. He and I have been at Kaitlin Gray´s house at the same time without ever realizing it. I think he was also In Skylar Peterson´s ward. Small world.

It´s been so weird to think that my best bud Jared is now a married man. That´s so weird. It´s amazingly cool though and I´m way happy for him. I wish them the best of luck and I send my love.

Well, there are a million other things to tell you, (like how a man almost died, literally and we gave him a blessing and now he´s fine), but I´m low on time. I love you all so much and appreciate your letters and emails. Please never stop writing me :S Haha
Until next week...
Love,
Elder Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment