Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm just happy to be serving!

Dear family,

Yes, this week was MUCH better. Very busy and stressful, but great. Bryan and Cristian got baptized! Yay! We planned the baptism really well, informed people about it all week, assigned talks, prayers and testimonies. The best part is though, half the people bailed on us the last minute. Good thing missionaries are masters of improvisation and the baptism went smoothly as well. Best result of the baptism was that the entire family of Bryan went to the chapel and his 15 year old sister wants to get baptized as well. Yessss.....

Best announcement we received this week was on Tuesday. Remember Daniel? Boyfriend of Jacqueline? Father of her son? On Tuesday he informed us that he wants to get married now. They`re going to the court this week to set a date. How cool is that? We were speechless when he told us. He also told us that right after he wants to get baptized as well. We`re hoping that Alejandro will follow his example.

I received my wonderful, beautiful, delicious package this week. Peanut butter cookies, more cookies, reese`s pieces, reese`s cups, brownie mix, ranch mix, whole puncher, thousands of post it notes! The pension was rejoicing this entire week with all the wonderful food I received. Thank you so much Mom and Dad!

So yeah, things are going good here in Barrio Turquesa. We have a lot to do and we`re loving it. Unfortunately this is the last week before changes. I`m kinda hoping I don`t get changed, but whatever happens happens. I`m just happy to be serving.

Well I love you all so much. Thank you for everything you do for me, it really helps so much to be receiving so much love and support. I hope all is well at home, I`ll be praying for you.

Love,

Elder Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment