Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference was incredible.

Hello my dearest family!

Wow, it does not feel like Easter happened at all... I actually completely forgot that it was Easter until we got to conference on Sunday. What I did remember was that it was conference weekend! Conference was incredible. In the mission conference is like Christmas. We had the privilege of watching all 10 hours of conference and I honestly loved it. We went to the stake center and all of the english speaking missionaries got to watch it in english in a small room. Funny thing is that my companion is the only Latin elder in our zone right now 1 of 12. So we all had some cookies, and candies, and our journals and we studied conference. It was great. Unfortunately there was some pretty lousy interference during the first 2 sessions of conference and then it got worse so we watched the last 3 in spanish. It`s just not the same in spanish though...

Truth is, all of the messages about families did two things to me. It made me miss my family so much more and it made me remember how great my parents really are. Really mom and dad, as I watched and listened I could remember you two following almost every counsel that they gave. I can`t thank you enough for all the support and guidance you`ve given me all my life. You are amazing examples to me. (Oh and Dad, just so you know I almost wanted to cry half way through the priesthood conference because I wanted to see it with you :S).

Everything is good here though. Still haven`t received your packages, but I should get them tomorrow! I did get a letter from Melissa with DiNeRo?! How cool is that? Thank you so much Melissa!

The missionary work is about the same here in our ward. To clarify something that Kelly pointed out to me, the Macarena that got baptized is a different Macarena from my first baptism. This Macarena is 15 and had friends in the church. Way cool! We have an amazing 13 year old kid named Cristopher Valenzuela that wants to get baptized. His parents are less active but say they want him to be active and they want to go to church again.

I had my first fight in spanish this week. I know, it`s bad to fight, but everythings cool now. Elder Tello and I just had some frustration building up and let it all out. We started and ended with a prayer. Sounds weird, but we felt much better afterwards and it showed me that I know spanish a lot better then I thought! Haha

Well I love you all so much! I`m glad that you didn`t eat cinnamon rolls without me. I know the church is true. I know that families can be together forever if we follow God`s plan. And I know that the only way to find REAL happiness, lasting happiness in this life, is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love you Mom and Dad. I love you BB-cakes. I love you Becky, Melissa, Tim and Tom. And I love you Grandma, Uncles, Aunts, and cousins. You are all amazing and are all so supportive of me here in the mission. Stay strong and Keep the Faith!

Love,
Elder Matthew D. Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment