Monday, March 29, 2010

Crying & hugging going on...

Hello friends and family!

Wow... Time is flying? It´s almost April and then in May I get to talk to you again?! I´m excited.

This week has not been the healthiest week for us (cookie dough, frosting, sopapillas, empanadas, etc...). The four of us Elders decided to start "La Dieta Adámica" today. The adamic diet is basically a diet of what we think Adam and Eve ate, fruits and vegetables. We´re gonna eat lunches normal, but the rest of the day it´s alllll natural. My companion is a little concerned.

We found an amazing investigator this week named Pablo. First lesson there was crying and hugging going on. He lives in a very ghetto part of the sector but he seems to understand our message better then everyone else. We´ll see how it goes. I recieved amazing news from my old companion Elder Blankenfeld. Christian and Macarena, two of our old investigators got baptized!!!!!! I wasn´t there, but I´m still way excited for them.

Mom and Dad, I just want you to know that you did a horrible job of preparing me to live in Chile... Let me explain why: So the other day we decided to do service for a family in our ward of repainting the short wall beneath their gate (they asked us to). We had to scrape off all the old paint then paint the wall white. My companion was just hacking away at it and left the majority of the old paint on the wall. Then he started splashing paint all over the side walk and gate and I was like ?!?!?!. In my house, this would not fly.. I did my side a little more orderly and when we finished I thought, "this looks terrible." Fortunately when the hermana came out she said, "O qué lindo!" She loved it and was completely satisfied. The standards of painting are just slightly different here.

Just want you to know that I love each and every one of you. You are the best seriously! I know the church is true. I know that Jesus Christ leads and guides his church in these days and I´m so excited to listen to his chosen prophets this Saturday and Sunday. I encourage all of you who have troubles focusing and enjoying conference to take notes, it totally makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Love,

Elder Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment