Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Keep the Faith!

Hola mis seres queridos,

This week I was blessed to receive an amazing package from my family. Just wanted to say thank you so much for the OXY stuff (highly needed), the Jelly Bellys (not so needed, but very appreciated), the incredible CD´s from Diana, the homemade granola and craisins (which is like my favorite thing ever), the Balance Gold and CLIFF bars (which makes me feel 100 times healthier, the Youth theme for 2010, and the ordinance cards in spanish. It was the perfect package for the new year. Really, thank you so much. Elder Blankenfeld also received his CHRISTMAS package from his family this week, so we had plenty of food and fun.

President Laycock always tells us that the mission is the University of Life. It makes sense because we learn to prioritize our lives according to the gospel, but this week, I received even more revelation on what he means by University of Life. I live with a bunch of children. Last week I was sick and worked through it, this week the 3 other Elders weren't feeling good either. My companion was feeling sick and wanted to stay in one day, so then Elder Boyce felt like doing the same. Then everyone was just in a lazy kinda mood all week. I don´t doubt that they all weren't feeling good, but I feel like it was taken a little too far. Then there was how a couple of days ago when Elder Boyce tells me that my CD player won´t play any CDs anymore. Somehow it just stopped working and i wanted to blame them for always leaving it on all day and stuff, but I tried to have patience (key word was tried). The apartment is always messy, I'll wash all the dishes one day and the kitchen is completely destroyed the next. I´m already missing some clothing and nobody knows where it is. Elder Blankenfeld and Elder Boyce fight and get mad at each other all the time and blah blah blah.... Haha I know it sounds like I'm complaining A LOT, but the truth is I just wanted to paint a picture. I realized that all of these stupid little things that aren't even that important are helping me to develop patience. I can totally see how every little problem that passes is something that I need to be able to handle well after the mission, especially with the idea of having a family some day.

With all that being said, I really do love the mission. It's tough, but when i think about it, it's really exciting to be doing what I'm doing. We get to help so many people every single day for 2 years straight. We're teaching the true and only doctrine of Jesus Christ 24/7. I'm blessed to be in the Chile Santiago East Mission as well. When Elder Richard G. Scott talked to President Laycock before he became president of this mission, he told him that this mission has the most obedient missionaries in the world. (That´s all because the mission president before President Laycock had the missionaries living the Law of Moses. They had to count every contact they did, they had to use certain contacts, they had to fill out forms every day, for every lesson, for divisions, for everything. They had more rules then practically any other mission as well. Luckily President Laycock has allowed us to live the higher law and given us his trust. We´re all praying that nobody does anything stupid and loses the trust for the whole mission).

Our sector is doing well. We have a lot of people that we're teaching but some of them have some major issues to overcome before baptism. Marriage, opposition from family, believing in God. These are just a few. I know that if we're faithful and trust in the Lord, he'll provide a way.


Thank you so much for all your love and support. I know that what you're doing at home has a huge influence on what's going on here and vice versa. Keep doing what you´re doing and most importantly, ¨Keep the Faith¨ -Bon Jovi

Love,

Elder Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment